By William J. Bennett
America, how good have you learnt your history?
• Who quelled a coup d'etat via placing on a couple of examining glasses?
• Which U.S. senator used to be approximately caned to dying at the Senate ground?
• Which first woman refused to serve alcohol within the White condo?
• What well-known inventor used to be known as to discover the assassin's bullet in President Garfield's again?
• Which winning candidate for president insisted on telling the reality approximately his intercourse scandal?
• Which loved ex-president raced with dying and poverty to write down his best-selling memoirs and which well-known slapstick comedian got here to his rescue?
• Which president rigorously learn the trial notes of 303 condemned Sioux warriors and spared all yet 38 from the hangman's noose?
• Which "four-eyed" destiny president beat up a drunken bully in a saloon?
In his Farewell handle, Ronald Reagan acknowledged if we put out of your mind what now we have performed, we are going to disregard who we're. This booklet, written by means of certainly one of Reagan's such a lot unswerving lieutenants, responds to Reagan's heartfelt demand an educated patriotism.
We all want to know extra approximately this land we adore. during this gripping story of a kingdom, our country's previous comes alive. this is the tale of these we selected to steer us and what they did with the notable strength we gave them. subscribe to invoice Bennett for the nice experience. America's instructor will lead you on a voyage of discovery.
What others are asserting:
"William J. Bennett artfully and subtly makes connections among our prior and present occasions, reminding us ... that we're in detail and instantly hooked up to the intense american citizens who've bestowed upon us our nice heritage.... [T]he value of the United States: The final top desire most likely exceeds whatever Dr. Bennett has ever written, and it truly is extra elegantly crafted and eminently readable than any entire paintings of heritage I've learn in a long time. It's foolish to check nice works of historical past to nice novels, yet this e-book really is a page-turner.... organize to have your religion in, wish for, and love of the United States renewed."
-Brad Miner, American Compass
"The function of background is to notify, encourage, and infrequently impress us, that's why invoice Bennett's splendidly readable ebook is so vital. He places our nation's triumphs, besides its lapses, into the context of a story in regards to the growth of freedom. at times it's worthwhile to be reminded that we're a lucky humans, blessed with generations of leaders who time and again renewed the which means of America."
-Walter Isaacson, Benjamin Franklin: An American Life
"For too lengthy american citizens were searching for a background of our kingdom that tells the tale of America's triumphs in addition to its tragedies. Now invoice Bennett has come ahead with America: The final most sensible Hope, which tells the story-fairly and fully-from 1492 to 1914. american citizens who've been examining contemporary biographies of the Founding Fathers will love this book."
-Michael Barone, US information & international Report
"Bill Bennett's publication will stand as might be an important addition to American scholarship at this, the beginning of the recent century. For the earlier fifty years American historians have both distorted American background or lowered it to a large number of dull indictments of our cultural and political historical past. With this publication Bennett bargains to american citizens old and young an exhilarating and stress-free heritage of what makes the US the best kingdom on the earth.
-Brian Kennedy, president, The Claremont Institute